'Formal' vs. 'Informal' meditation

Post here if you have been practising for a while, and you are starting to get your head around what this is all about. Also post here if you are a long-term practitioner with something to say about the practice.
Gareth
Site Admin

Tue May 06, 2014 10:01 am  

I suddenly thought of this topic again the other day; I remembered that it contained some really useful insights.

The line is still blurred, and I think it always will be.

We went away to Anglesey for the bank holiday for the weekend, and I found myself sat on the beach with James while Helen and William were off looking in rock pools. I knew that I would be there for a while, so I consciously tried to remain present, letting go of thoughts whenever they came. Is this a meditation? Yes? No? Who cares?

Sometimes I feel like mindfulness has infected me. The long periods that I have spent in meditation have taught me that I don't have to follow my mind around everywhere it goes and I don't feel like there is any going back from this now. I think that the 'informal' mindfulness only reinforces the meditation that I do every day.

Sometimes the mind is stormy, and mindfulness is very difficult to hold on to, but I know now that like everything, this is impermanent.

rara

Tue May 06, 2014 6:48 pm  

Gareth wrote:Is this a meditation? Yes? No? Who cares?

The most profound thing in that post :D

Good, isn't it!
Twitter @rarafeed

•   Information