Depression..

Come along and discuss anything you want. Talk about what inspires you, or talk about the weather.
BronteFan
Practice Mindfulness Since: 11 Dec 2018

Thu Aug 20, 2020 9:16 pm  

I absolutely love singing, Peter.

I always wanted to learn an instrument at school but never got the chance because I always passed voice test & had to sing in music class & join the choir. I sing as part of my job & have a rather flexible voice. I find singing cheers me up. It doesn't take much to get me singing. I hear music I know & like & start singing. I just can't stop myself.

Lol.

Ann
Let your creativity run free.
You can be who you want to be.
You can do what you want to do.
The only 1 you have to please is you.

sahasudipta
Practice Mindfulness Since: 16 Jul 2001

Thu Sep 03, 2020 7:31 pm  

Hello,
It's too late to reply I know but still I want to reply . I read your post first of all I want to tell you "YOU ARE NOT ALONE" . Depression is common among people . Let me tell you my story . I lost my father very early age when I was two and half yrs old . My mother struggled a lot to raise me . Mom started working for minimum wages . My school fees , tuition fees was too high but still she tried . When I was 12 yrs old I started meditation and it opened my eyes . I started realizing that I need to step up and be good , score good in my studies . If I don't study I will not graduate and I will not get any job then how am I going to support my mom . I started thinking about my responsibilities when I was 12 . I practiced focus meditation for 3hrs at that time then I noticed improvement in my studies like if I read something I can remember that for a week . After practicing lots of meditation I noticed I can remember things for months . Always I kept reminding myself I have to study for my mother before meditation and after meditation . It continued for 3yrs then my grandfather got sick and I have to take care of him . Our financial situation wasn't good at all . So my mom couldn't afford medicine expenses . It took toll on me . I started to worry and my grades was bad . Then I completed my junior high school with moderate marks but I knew I am far far better than that . I got very sad :( . Now what will I do?? How am going to study further with these poor marks :? .. Somehow I got accepted into a school and I continued to study . My subject was maths , physics , chemistry , biology . I tried to study very hard cause I want to score good marks but my grans father got sick again and again . We were struggling financially . We were very poor back then . The day before my final exam my grand father got hospitalized . I was sitting in hospital all night . So again I got poor marks . I passed my senior high school with very poor marks . It effected my confidence . I felt I wasn't good enough . How am i going to support my mom . At this point I lost faith in meditation . I got distracted . Then I got accepted into engineering college . I completed my engineering degree in computer science . From childhood I felt I wasn't enough . I told myself that and it destroyed my confidence . So when I went for job interview I got very very nervous . So I didn't get good job . I was surviving . Earning few money and supporting my mom . I was happy until I was humiliated at my work . My BOSS told me sooo many bad things that I can't tell you . It was bad bad experience for me . Everybody was gossiping about me . I cried at my work . This took toll on me . I was in severe depression . I didn't look at mirror for 3 months . I didn't washed my face for many many days . It was disaster for me or you can say end of me . Then I changed my job . My second job wasn't good also . There I faced too many things . So I quit from my second job . After three months I got another job offer . It was good one and the salary was good . I accepted the offer . Currently I am working in this company . It's been three years but trust me I faced lots of things here also . I got soooo depressed that I have to consult Dr and took medication . I can't tell about my days . Due office politics I faced lots of things . Still my confidence is low but I am trying to survive cause I can not hide . Actually I decided not to hide . I have to support my mom , my family . Each and everyday I am struggling with depression but in my own way and i am going to tell you my ways
REMEMBER
1 . YOU ARE NOT ALONE .
2 . WE ARE HUMAN . WE CAN FEEL THINGS . DEPRESSION IS ALSO A FEELING .
3 . SHARE YOUR PAIN WITH OTHERS . WE ARE HERE TO HELP YOU .
4 . BE STRONG .
5 . FOCUS ON YOUR THOUGHTS .
6 . COUNT HOW MANY TIMES YOU ARE FEELING LOW OR HAVING NEGATIVE THOUGHTS
7 . TRY IT . IF YOU CAN'T REMEMBER THE COUNT THINK OF YOUR FAMILY . YOU WANT TO SEE YOUR MOTHER HAPPY . . MOTIVATE YOURSELF
8 . TRY IT HARD
9. TRY HARDER
10 . START COUNT AGAIN
11 . AFTER A VERY VERY LONG TIME PRACTICING THIS YOU FEEL YOURS THOUGHTS ARE BOGUS AND IT IS NOT EFFECTING YOU ANYMORE . . THIS STEP WILL COME BUT YOU HAVE TO TRY .
12 . REBOOT YOURSELF
13 . CLOSE YOUR EYES AND SAY I WILL SUCCEED
14 . REPEAT EVERYDAY FOR 10 MINUTES
15 . YOU MUST DO IT FOR 100 days .

NOW MY FRIEND YOU ARE READY TO MEDITATE AND OVERCAME YOUR DEPRESSION ALREADY. REMEMBER WHENEVER YOU FAIL YOU MUST REMIND OF YOURSELF THAT YOU WANT TO SEE YOUR MOTHER HAPPY .
TRUST ME IF I CAN SURVIVE THEN YOU ALSO CAN . I AM SURE ONE DAY YOU WILL MAKE YOUR FAMILY PROUD . I PRAY TO GOD FOR YOUR SUCCESS . GOD BLESS YOU . BE HAPPY :D

•   Information