Avoiding routine in mindfulness practise

Post here if you have been practising for a while, and you are starting to get your head around what this is all about. Also post here if you are a long-term practitioner with something to say about the practice.
Tubster
Practice Mindfulness Since: 01 May 2015

Fri Sep 02, 2016 11:20 am  

Hi there,

Really liked your post so thought I'd reply as I had been experiencing this quite recently. I recommend doing a 20 minute sitting or breathing meditation just to find out where you are at. As you are doing the meditation, some thoughts might transpire that you are very aware off. These thoughts may be repetitive or perhaps even negative. From there you can determine a new meditation to introduce. It could be universal or even self compassion. It could be on reflecting on past, present and future events. It could even be on more movement e.g. Mindful walking or Mondful yoga.

Whatever it is, you first of all need to be aware of where your focus of attention is. I've been using the Insight Timer app to help find suitable guided meditations that challenge my routines.

Take care of yourself.

Tubster

Peter
Site Admin
Practice Mindfulness Since: 19 Aug 2013

Fri Sep 02, 2016 1:24 pm  

Welcome to the site, Tubster.
And thanks for sharing. Good advice!
Peter

Tubster
Practice Mindfulness Since: 01 May 2015

Fri Sep 02, 2016 3:03 pm  

I'm very new to this, but am really happy to be part of the Everyday Mindfulness community through this forum. I also like what JW said about the importance of being part of a group. I've recently joined a weekly meditation group. It really does allow your practice to grow and takes away the isolation of meditation which makes things repetitive.

JonW
Team Member
Practice Mindfulness Since: 08 Dec 2012

Fri Sep 02, 2016 4:35 pm  

Welcome to the forum, Tubster.
I look forward to getting to know you on here.
All best wishes,
Jon
Jon leads the Everyday Mindfulness group meditation on Zoom every Monday/Friday, 6pm London-time. FREE.
Follow this link to join the WhatsApp group and receive notifications: https://chat.whatsapp.com/K5j5deTvIHVD7z71H3RIIk

•   Information