mindfulness, cbt and acupuncture...too much?

Post here if you are just starting out with your mindfulness practice. Mindfulness is a really difficult concept to get your head around at first, and it might be that you would benefit from some help from others.
guy

Thu Aug 21, 2014 6:20 pm  

I think that mindfulness and cbt at the same time is unwise, unless you have unlimited time and energy to devote. I happened to find myself put on the 2 courses at the same time and it was pointed out to me that it wasn't a good idea. So I went for mindfulness and found it far better for the sort of person I am. CBT I always found kept reminding me of all the gaffs I kept making, partly because you wright it all down. but mindfulness seems to have that quality of being kind to yourself and always offers meditation, which has the side effects of soothing and calming.(I know that's not the primary reason and its not always the case. But in cbt you can find yourself on your own with all these inappropriate thoughts and actions you've made, all in your face at once and it can get a bit overwhelming and condemnatory. The fact that you write them down and replace them with appropriate ones, im sure is good and therapeutic, but if your very depressed it just seems like being kicked when youre down at times.

•   Information