Mindfulness Resources

Everything related to our Everyday Mindfulness community.
Gareth
Site Admin

Wed Jul 03, 2013 12:45 pm  

Hello all,

We now have a great looking site and forum. I am going to tinker with this in the next few weeks to get a bit more colour about the place. So many thanks to Aaron for giving us his time free of charge - I am so grateful.

The next step for the site is going to be a resources page that will list all the different resources that can help people with their mindfulness practice. Off the top of my head, these are the different resources that I can think of:

1. Forum (we have made a good start here)
2. Books
3. Articles
4. Audio (guided meditations and talks on mindfulness)
5. Video (guided meditations and talks on mindfulness)
6. Video (live group meditations & mindfulness course groups)
7. Directory of mindfulness teachers & courses (searchable by postcode)
8. Links to other mindfulness sites with descriptions

I am aware that Peter at FreeMindfulness.org has already done some of this work, and I don't want to tread on his toes; I was kind of hoping we could all work together actually.

This is a big job and any help with this task will be greatly appreciated. Some of the points are going to be labour intensive and will require some good technology to implement, so they are something to aim for, rather than something we can do straight away. Give me your opinions on this list, and anything you think needs adding.

FeeHutch
Practice Mindfulness Since: 01 Mar 2012

Wed Jul 03, 2013 4:04 pm  

Nothing else immediately springs to mind plus that's a very comprehensive list to start work on.
Would you like us to post suggestions for entries here? For example something like:
Audio guided meditation (type of resource)
Website
Brief description
“Being mindful means that we take in the present moment as it is rather than as we would like it to be.”
Mark Williams

http://adlibbed.blogspot.co.uk/p/mindfulness-me-enjoy-silence.html
Find me on twitter - @feehutch

PeterFreeMindfulness

Fri Jul 05, 2013 9:33 am  

Hi Gareth,

I'm liking the work that's been done on the website/forum, things are really coming together here :-) One thing, it might just be me/my monitor, but I find the light blue on white of the forum titles a bit difficult to read. Otherwise looking great.

Yeah it's a good question how best to work together on resources - I had planned to add a videos page at some point to the freemindfulness website, and a separate site for live mindfulness videos. But I think it makes sense to make some joint ventures into these areas, to avoid unnecessary duplication and to pool efforts to create things that are more comprehensive.
Take a breath, open your mind's eye and be kind to what you see
http://www.freemindfulness.org
@freemindfulness

piedwagtail91
Practice Mindfulness Since: 0- 3-2011

Fri Jul 05, 2013 2:33 pm  

feel free to copy any links from the resource page i posted, makes sense to have all the links for videos and websites in one place on one page.

•   Information