FPIAFW Week 2: Keeping The Body In Mind

JonW
Team Member
Practice Mindfulness Since: 08 Dec 2012

Sat Jul 20, 2013 5:18 pm  

Hmm. I'm going to try that walking body scan. For some reason my mind starts whirring when I take a walk.
Jon leads the Everyday Mindfulness group meditation on Zoom every Monday/Friday, 6pm London-time. FREE.
Follow this link to join the WhatsApp group and receive notifications: https://chat.whatsapp.com/K5j5deTvIHVD7z71H3RIIk

calm_one

Sun Jul 21, 2013 10:58 am  

The walking meditation sounds like a really good idea.

I think I'm going to move to week three and try fit in a formal body scan when I can. I'm just finding I fall asleep every time. Not surprising given my sleep is really bad.

Hopefully as the weeks go by the sleep will improve and I can fully embrace body scan :-)

Nicko

Wed Nov 13, 2013 9:43 am  

Update from us on our progress.
6 days into week 2 and I am doing well in terms of fitting everything. My other half is struggling though.
I am extremely lucky that I set my own agenda for the whole day, whereas my wife is a teacher and her day is literally run by bells!

She is conciously incompetent though. She knows there have been opportunities to fit in a 15 minute practice and she has not taken them.Which is far better than feeling there were no such opportunities, in my opinion.
We have really noticed how little importance we normally put on time specifically for ourselves, and how nourishing it is when we do.
This is probably the biggest thing we have taken from this week so far.

Week three starting tomorrow...

FeeHutch
Practice Mindfulness Since: 01 Mar 2012

Wed Nov 13, 2013 10:18 am  

Nicko wrote: We have really noticed how little importance we normally put on time specifically for ourselves, and how nourishing it is when we do.
This is probably the biggest thing we have taken from this week so far.

Sounds like you are being very mindful and I think this quote really sums up one of the first things that really clicked for me. It isn't indulgent to take time for yourself to just be, it really is nourishing :)
“Being mindful means that we take in the present moment as it is rather than as we would like it to be.”
Mark Williams

http://adlibbed.blogspot.co.uk/p/mindfulness-me-enjoy-silence.html
Find me on twitter - @feehutch

Kukurijek
Practice Mindfulness Since: 01 Feb 2016

Tue Jan 17, 2017 3:56 am  

I've just started Week 2 - tough initial go as I have a severe head cold and am clogged up so lying down creates a challenge. Worst comes to worst, I repeat Week 2 next week.

JonW
Team Member
Practice Mindfulness Since: 08 Dec 2012

Tue Jan 17, 2017 9:36 am  

Yes, go easy on yourself, Kukurijek. If this week is too challenging for you, start week 2 next week.
Best wishes,
JW
Jon leads the Everyday Mindfulness group meditation on Zoom every Monday/Friday, 6pm London-time. FREE.
Follow this link to join the WhatsApp group and receive notifications: https://chat.whatsapp.com/K5j5deTvIHVD7z71H3RIIk

Kukurijek
Practice Mindfulness Since: 01 Feb 2016

Wed Jan 18, 2017 4:21 am  

Much better today, so meditating was also easier. I do one first thing in the morning and another right before bed. The latter one is more difficult as I am constantly itchy. I think its just body's way of reflecting on the busy day with twitches and itches. Makes it really hard to focus on the knees if your upper lip is having a rager.

•   Information