A quote

Come along and discuss anything you want. Talk about what inspires you, or talk about the weather.
JonW
Team Member
Practice Mindfulness Since: 08 Dec 2012

Wed Jun 15, 2016 8:54 am  

'Mindfulness is a way of being from moment to moment rather than an end in itself.' (James Kingsland - Siddhartha's Brain)

Bang on the nail for me, this quote, from Kingsland's engrossing new book about the science behind mindfulness. Really captures the wonderful subtlety of the practice, together with a gentle reminder of how easy it is to turn mindfulness into yet another goal, another form of striving.
Jon/Mindful Pilgrim
Jon leads the Everyday Mindfulness group meditation on Zoom every Monday/Friday, 6pm London-time. FREE.
Follow this link to join the WhatsApp group and receive notifications: https://chat.whatsapp.com/K5j5deTvIHVD7z71H3RIIk

Gareth
Site Admin

Wed Jun 15, 2016 10:09 am  

Keep 'em coming, Jon.

Ammunition for the Twitter account.

Happyogababe
Practice Mindfulness Since: 01 Jan 2008

Wed Jun 15, 2016 10:57 am  

That was a great reminder and most inspiring. I'd really like it if you did regular quotes (if you have time) as it sets me up for the day :) thanks.

Hope all is going well.
'You can't stop the waves, but you can learn to surf' Jon Kabat Zinn

Peter
Site Admin
Practice Mindfulness Since: 19 Aug 2013

Wed Jun 15, 2016 1:08 pm  

Really great quote Jon!

Reminds me. A quote from the EM Twitter account a while back really resonated with me, and I think about it regularly.

"What stands in the way becomes the way." - Marcus Aurelius

Love the simplicity of it, and it's so very true.
Peter

JonW
Team Member
Practice Mindfulness Since: 08 Dec 2012

Wed Jun 15, 2016 1:26 pm  

Any thoughts generally about having a quote of the day? I'm never short of them as I spend most of my life reading and making notes. But maybe we could all pitch in. First one to get in there has the floor to themselves. Kind of thing.
All good in the tent, Happy. Torrential rain for most of last night but the tent proved robust, as did Banjo. :D
Jon/Mindful Pilgrim
Jon leads the Everyday Mindfulness group meditation on Zoom every Monday/Friday, 6pm London-time. FREE.
Follow this link to join the WhatsApp group and receive notifications: https://chat.whatsapp.com/K5j5deTvIHVD7z71H3RIIk

Peter
Site Admin

Wed Jun 15, 2016 1:36 pm  

I think Gareth's Twitter-thingy sort of does that already. Maybe it's an idea to pass him the quotes so he could add them to his Twitter-thingy. Although Twitter isn't very interactive (at least not for me).
Happy, did you know there was an EM Twitter-thingy that delivers 12 notifications (mostly quotes) a day?
Peter

Happyogababe

Wed Jun 15, 2016 2:45 pm  

I definitely like the idea of a quote a day :) I'm glad that all is going well, Jon, and that your tent is waterproof :)

I didn't know about the Twitter thingy, Peter. I'm not on Twitter or Facebook (I know, I'm probably one of few people who are not), I haven't got the energy at this time. It does sound good though :). Liking the quote.

Peter
Site Admin

Wed Jun 15, 2016 2:55 pm  

I don't really use Twitter either. I just use it to follow tweets from a few accounts. The tweets of EM are also on the main page of EM (under the header LATEST FROM TWITTER). Only the latest three, though.
Peter

Happyogababe

Wed Jun 15, 2016 3:02 pm  

I'll have a look at those, thanks Peter :)

Happyogababe

Wed Jun 15, 2016 3:17 pm  

I just read 'Conversations about meditation' Jon, I really enjoyed it and it was really helpful. I do hope that you publish others. I could do with a notification or something of that kind that alerts me to new articles. I don't always access the front page.

•   Information