Slowing the rush

Please post your mindfulness stories here and your story might also feature on our blog (with your permission). You can also introduce yourself here. We want to create a library of mindful journeys and experiences.
Peter
Site Admin
Practice Mindfulness Since: 19 Aug 2013

Sun Apr 03, 2016 12:31 pm  

That's great Matt, I think you've made the right decisions!
Best of luck!
Peter

Mtb324
Practice Mindfulness Since: 0- 5-2013

Sun Apr 03, 2016 4:18 pm  

That is a great analogy Jon, thank you. I'm sitting here on Sunday afternoon planning my Monday. Gonna be a tough one, non-stop meetings lined up like airplanes on the runway. Will be a good day to practice some mindfulness!
Taking some advice from you all, I'm going to put aside the counter and also I'm putting aside some time for meditation. I am going to try to take 3-5 minutes to meditate, once in the morning and once in the afternoon. I may need to hide out in the bathroom to do this. :) Then I am going to actually take a lunch break for a half hour so (which I never do) and try to eat mindfully. Will be hard to do because there is great pressure to not take a lunch so I don't get behind, but I recognize that this is crucial. I'm also going to try to do some of my work in the school library (where it's nice and quiet) instead of in my office which is a very busy place (my desk is kind of in the center of everything and I get interrupted constantly).
I also like the door handle idea someone mentioned. I'm going to try to take a deep breath and count to 10 every time I send an email. I'm sure this is a work in progress but I'm hoping this might help me have a more relaxed Monday than usual.
I'll let you all know how it goes (if anyone is interested haha).
Thanks!
Matt

JonW
Team Member
Practice Mindfulness Since: 08 Dec 2012

Sun Apr 03, 2016 4:58 pm  

Sounds great, Matt.
Do let us know how it all goes.
All good things,
Jon
Jon leads the Everyday Mindfulness group meditation on Zoom every Monday/Friday, 6pm London-time. FREE.
Follow this link to join the WhatsApp group and receive notifications: https://chat.whatsapp.com/K5j5deTvIHVD7z71H3RIIk

Peter
Site Admin
Practice Mindfulness Since: 19 Aug 2013

Sun Apr 03, 2016 5:49 pm  

That's great Matt! I like the way you've planned things! Of course we're interested! I hope you'll enjoy it!
Peter

Happyogababe
Practice Mindfulness Since: 01 Jan 2008

Sun Apr 03, 2016 6:06 pm  

Best of luck ;)
'You can't stop the waves, but you can learn to surf' Jon Kabat Zinn

debbieko
Practice Mindfulness Since: 0- 6-2008

Tue Apr 05, 2016 10:09 pm  

Thanks for sharing your plan, I wish you luck! Sounds like you are on the right track. :-)

•   Information