New to the forum

Post here if you are just starting out with your mindfulness practice. Mindfulness is a really difficult concept to get your head around at first, and it might be that you would benefit from some help from others.
Andy207
Practice Mindfulness Since: 01 Jan 2016

Sat Mar 12, 2016 12:50 pm  

Hi Everyone, I thought I'd introduce myself. I'm Andy and have been practising for the last few months with some steady progress. Although I have not particularly had any severe episodes of anxiety and depression, I've learned to live with mind driven anxiety at work, but I should have realised sooner or later it would expand into other areas of my life and indeed it has. In my early stages of practicing I believe I have gained some positive results and I look forward to sharing some of my experiences. I also look forward to reading forum member posts.
Andy

Peter
Site Admin
Practice Mindfulness Since: 19 Aug 2013

Sat Mar 12, 2016 12:59 pm  

Hi Andy,

Thanks for introducing yourself. Welcome to the forum!

Have a look around. If you've some questions, we're always glad to help.

Good luck!

Peter

Kasab
Practice Mindfulness Since: 15 Jan 2016

Sat Mar 12, 2016 1:05 pm  

Very kind. thanks.

JonW
Team Member
Practice Mindfulness Since: 08 Dec 2012

Sat Mar 12, 2016 2:11 pm  

Hi Andy207,
Welcome aboard, feller. Please feel free to make yourself at home here on the forum.
All best wishes,
Jon
Jon leads the Everyday Mindfulness group meditation on Zoom every Monday/Friday, 6pm London-time. FREE.
Follow this link to join the WhatsApp group and receive notifications: https://chat.whatsapp.com/K5j5deTvIHVD7z71H3RIIk

Happyogababe
Practice Mindfulness Since: 01 Jan 2008

Sat Mar 12, 2016 3:53 pm  

:) Hi,

Nice to see more new members.

Enjoy the forum.
'You can't stop the waves, but you can learn to surf' Jon Kabat Zinn

JohnReset

Sun Mar 13, 2016 1:11 pm  

Just a curiosity: do you also have a little bit of social anxiety?
Believe nothing, test everything.

FeeHutch
Practice Mindfulness Since: 01 Mar 2012

Sun Mar 13, 2016 9:27 pm  

Welcome to our community Andy :)
“Being mindful means that we take in the present moment as it is rather than as we would like it to be.”
Mark Williams

http://adlibbed.blogspot.co.uk/p/mindfulness-me-enjoy-silence.html
Find me on twitter - @feehutch

Andy207
Practice Mindfulness Since: 01 Jan 2016

Mon Mar 14, 2016 12:56 am  

JohnReset wrote:Just a curiosity: do you also have a little bit of social anxiety?

Absolutely. It seems anxiety has a way of getting into parts of your life that were at one time not a problem.

JohnReset

Mon Mar 14, 2016 12:45 pm  

Andy207 wrote:
JohnReset wrote:Just a curiosity: do you also have a little bit of social anxiety?

Absolutely. It seems anxiety has a way of getting into parts of your life that were at one time not a problem.

I have a little bit of social anxiety too. But it seems that mindfulness is helping me. We'll keep in touch.
Believe nothing, test everything.

•   Information