Quotes I Love

Come along and discuss anything you want. Talk about what inspires you, or talk about the weather.
JonW
Team Member
Practice Mindfulness Since: 08 Dec 2012

Wed Aug 05, 2015 8:11 am  

Wonderful selection of quotes. Thank you, Seneca.
I particularly love that Heraclitus one.
Cheers,
Jon
Jon leads the Everyday Mindfulness group meditation on Zoom every Monday/Friday, 6pm London-time. FREE.
Follow this link to join the WhatsApp group and receive notifications: https://chat.whatsapp.com/K5j5deTvIHVD7z71H3RIIk

Gareth
Site Admin

Wed Aug 12, 2015 9:05 am  

Nice quotes, given me ammunition for the Twitter account. Thanks. :D

You're not the real Seneca are you?

SandraChapman
Practice Mindfulness Since: 18 Sep 1985

Thu Feb 18, 2016 10:28 am  

I am also love the quote
You don't choose a life.... You live one

I love the quote
Dharma is born from the truth
it is a quote from Ramayana. It says that truth is the highest dharma.

ninawilliam89
Practice Mindfulness Since: 01 Jan 1989

Thu Jul 21, 2016 9:30 am  

"Sometimes new day greets us with sunshine, sometimes with black clouds. For me only one thing’s for sure in this constantly changing world: you are my love, my life, my paradise. And I will endlessly repeat it to you, my hero. I will always be by your side and drive away all sorrows. Good morning!" - quotes about love
life is like jokes - my great quotes

charleee0
Practice Mindfulness Since: 15 Jul 2016

Tue Jul 26, 2016 6:12 am  

Wow nice quotes :)

Gareth
Site Admin

Tue Jul 26, 2016 1:34 pm  

New quote:

“Choose to be kind over being right, and you'll be right every time.” ~ Richard Carlson

Peter
Site Admin
Practice Mindfulness Since: 19 Aug 2013

Tue Jul 26, 2016 2:07 pm  

Great quote, Gareth!

DJLSFC
Practice Mindfulness Since: 01 Mar 2014

Thu Aug 18, 2016 7:12 pm  

Have always loved this one. Inspired by an image from Voyager 1, 4 billion miles from Earth, the furthest image ever taken from Earth, or was at that time, Carl Sagan, the pale blue dot:

"Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there-on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam"

DJLSFC
Practice Mindfulness Since: 01 Mar 2014

Thu Aug 18, 2016 7:16 pm  

cant forget Ricky Gervais -

"Being alive is fucking brilliant. And then it ends. For ever. Our atoms scattered around the universe and used for other shit. Perfect."

:)

JonW
Team Member
Practice Mindfulness Since: 08 Dec 2012

Thu Aug 18, 2016 9:38 pm  

A shame so much of Gervais' comedy is based on cruelty. I speak as one who has interviewed him at length.
Otherwise, great quotes!
X Jon
Jon leads the Everyday Mindfulness group meditation on Zoom every Monday/Friday, 6pm London-time. FREE.
Follow this link to join the WhatsApp group and receive notifications: https://chat.whatsapp.com/K5j5deTvIHVD7z71H3RIIk

•   Information