FPIAFW - Week 3: The Mouse In The Maze

MiM
Practice Mindfulness Since: 0- 5-2015

Sat Mar 26, 2016 11:45 am  

From here you can also find a couple of easy Mindful yoga half-hour exercise programs, both on video or audio. I started with these, and have found a simple yoga program to be a very important piece of my mindfulness (and of keeping my back in working condition).

http://palousemindfulness.com/disks/yoga1.html
Stands at the sea, wonders at wondering: I a universe of atoms, an atom in the universe.
-Richard Feynman-

JonW
Team Member
Practice Mindfulness Since: 08 Dec 2012

Sat Mar 26, 2016 11:45 am  

"I'm curious if and how you'll find people that you can teach during the pilgrimage."

Initially by targeting places like homeless centres. Then, as the project gains momentum, with the help of the media (newspapers, local radio etc.), promoting my services through my website and via Facebook, Twitter etc. Also by giving free taster sessions in towns, then offering group courses or 1-2-1 sessions. All for free though donations will be welcomed.
"The journey is home."
Word to the wise. Go easy on those chocolate eggs this weekend, Peter. Too much chocolate sends you mad. :shock:
Cheers,
Jon
Jon leads the Everyday Mindfulness group meditation on Zoom every Monday/Friday, 6pm London-time. FREE.
Follow this link to join the WhatsApp group and receive notifications: https://chat.whatsapp.com/K5j5deTvIHVD7z71H3RIIk

Happyogababe
Practice Mindfulness Since: 01 Jan 2008

Sat Mar 26, 2016 11:56 am  

JonW wrote:"It's as though life slows down and I'm aware of an invisible energy force."

That's pure awareness, right there.
As Jiddu Krishnamurti once said, "If you want to know about life, just watch it flow."
Never a truer word...
Jon

Liking the quote :)
'You can't stop the waves, but you can learn to surf' Jon Kabat Zinn

Happyogababe

Sat Mar 26, 2016 11:58 am  

@Peter wrote:I liked the mindful movement practice of the book a lot too. It felt a bit like Tai Chi. I have to admit though that I haven't done it since, but that's because I don't really know what to do. In the book it's very limited; mainly some stretches. I would love to do Tai Chi, or yoga, but there's so much already on my plate.

I go about it a little differently, though. I exercise a lot, and do that as mindful as I can. Also while riding my bike and walking. It's easy and nice, because there's a lot to feel.

I was surprised that the book didn't go into mindful walking, since that's part of a lot of other mindfulness courses I know of, and is a very traditional way of meditating. Thich Nhat Hanh promotes it a lot.

Something totally different. I just found out that the FPIAFW book is also available in Dutch. That's great. Now I can advice Dutch people to read that instead of the English version. The language was often felt as a barrier. Although, I've never met a person who actually tried mindfulness after I've told them about it. I've even bought people books as a gift. 'regular' people frown upon it no matter how I explain to them what it is. It's sad that they don't know what they would gain, and the world even. I really think it would solve a great deal of global problems if a lot of people practiced mindfulness. But Jon's right (yet again), mindfulness is caught rather than taught.

Have a great day!
Peter

That's exactly it Peter, I have encountered Tai Chi, years ago, and that is a very similar sensation/experience. :)

Happyogababe

Sat Mar 26, 2016 1:58 pm  

MiM wrote:From here you can also find a couple of easy Mindful yoga half-hour exercise programs, both on video or audio. I started with these, and have found a simple yoga program to be a very important piece of my mindfulness (and of keeping my back in working condition).

http://palousemindfulness.com/disks/yoga1.html

Thanks for that :)

Happyogababe

Mon Mar 28, 2016 10:05 am  

I very much like the breath and body meditation (almost as much as body scan). I've found that though I still enjoy the movement meditation I am not (now) looking forward to it like I do the other meditations. I add on body scan after I've done the movement/breath & body meditations. I now feel (am aware) of the body quicker and intensely (since doing regular body scan). I find it interesting to zoom in and zoom out of body areas. I've had insights during this week.

Peter
Site Admin
Practice Mindfulness Since: 19 Aug 2013

Mon Mar 28, 2016 1:56 pm  

Good to hear of your progressions, Happy!
Peter

Peter
Site Admin

Mon Mar 28, 2016 2:06 pm  

JonW wrote:Initially by targeting places like homeless centres. Then, as the project gains momentum, with the help of the media (newspapers, local radio etc.), promoting my services through my website and via Facebook, Twitter etc. Also by giving free taster sessions in towns, then offering group courses or 1-2-1 sessions. All for free though donations will be welcomed.

Sounds great, Jon! A real adventure! I bow to you my friend!
Peter

JonW
Team Member
Practice Mindfulness Since: 08 Dec 2012

Mon Mar 28, 2016 5:38 pm  

Thanks Peter.
I hope you got your fair share of chocolate eggs over the weekend. :(
Cheers,
Jon, Hove
Jon leads the Everyday Mindfulness group meditation on Zoom every Monday/Friday, 6pm London-time. FREE.
Follow this link to join the WhatsApp group and receive notifications: https://chat.whatsapp.com/K5j5deTvIHVD7z71H3RIIk

Peter
Site Admin

Mon Mar 28, 2016 6:23 pm  

I sure did, Jon.. To quote a wise man: “Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm… chocolate….” – Homer Simpson

Peter

•   Information