Refreshing mindfulness practice

Post here if you are just starting out with your mindfulness practice. Mindfulness is a really difficult concept to get your head around at first, and it might be that you would benefit from some help from others.
Steve

Sun Dec 29, 2019 3:55 pm  

Hi All

I was on this forum some years ago but then drifted away and my mindfulness practice is now only sporadic but in view of ongoing issues (climate change, the future of democracy, difficult personal relationships etc) that concern me, I'd like to refresh my practice.

When previously on this forum, a few of us worked through the book 'How to Train an Elephant (book)' together, sharing our experiences and thoughts on this forum (under that title) each week (it has 52 chapters). I found this useful and was thinking about doing it again in 2020 and wondered if anyone else is interested in doing so? I think its eminently suitable for beginners (I believe I still fall in this category) as well as those who are more experienced. If anyone is interested, let me know (or DM me if you prefer). Thanks.

JonW
Team Member
Practice Mindfulness Since: 08 Dec 2012

Sun Dec 29, 2019 4:19 pm  

Hi Steve,
Welcome back!
Great to hear from you again.
All good things,
Jon
Jon leads the Everyday Mindfulness group meditation on Zoom every Monday/Friday, 6pm London-time. FREE.
Follow this link to join the WhatsApp group and receive notifications: https://chat.whatsapp.com/K5j5deTvIHVD7z71H3RIIk

•   Information