Semi-new to Mindfulness

Post here if you are just starting out with your mindfulness practice. Mindfulness is a really difficult concept to get your head around at first, and it might be that you would benefit from some help from others.
Mapanggulo
Practice Mindfulness Since: 01 Mar 2019

Mon Jul 29, 2019 11:22 pm  

Hi all, I was introduced to mindfulness a few times in the past while attending a few leadership conferences for the Veteran non profit I volunteer with. It wasn't until I got excepted into their Fellowship program that I decided to get serious on getting into Mindfulness and bringing it into my life on a daily/weekly practice. I'm still struggling to get in into my daily life and still feel like I'm in a ocean lost at see with all the resources on mindfulness that is out there. Found this forum so hopefully can learn and maybe contribute in the future.

I have done TM but found that guided meditation works best for me. Currently have a three weekly online mindful meditation sessions I try getting to & one Yoga Nidra session. Thanks.

JonW
Team Member
Practice Mindfulness Since: 08 Dec 2012

Tue Jul 30, 2019 6:58 am  

Hi Mapanggulo,
Welcome to the forum.
I look forward to getting to know you on here.
If you have any questions about mindfulness, we'll do our best to answer them.
All good things,
Jon
Jon leads the Everyday Mindfulness group meditation on Zoom every Monday/Friday, 6pm London-time. FREE.
Follow this link to join the WhatsApp group and receive notifications: https://chat.whatsapp.com/K5j5deTvIHVD7z71H3RIIk

Gareth
Site Admin

Tue Jul 30, 2019 2:42 pm  

Welcome to the forum!

We'll do our best to help you on the journey.

BronteFan
Practice Mindfulness Since: 11 Dec 2018

Wed Jul 31, 2019 2:53 pm  

Welcome!
Let your creativity run free.
You can be who you want to be.
You can do what you want to do.
The only 1 you have to please is you.

Tasman
Practice Mindfulness Since: 02 Feb 2013

Thu Aug 01, 2019 10:29 am  

Welcome Mapanggulo!

Are you looking to start a daily practice of meditation, or are happy to keep it to 3 times a week? I find it can help being clear about what my aim is in terms of how often and for how long I intend to meditate in order to bring some consistency to the practice.

•   Information