Fear of letting go

Post here if you are just starting out with your mindfulness practice. Mindfulness is a really difficult concept to get your head around at first, and it might be that you would benefit from some help from others.
FeeHutch
Practice Mindfulness Since: 01 Mar 2012

Thu Nov 13, 2014 9:34 pm  

At the risk of sounding a bit silly, we have a pretty unreliable bus service. Yielding to the fact the bus is late and I can't change what is I end up a whole less sore (from holding my body so tense because I am angry) and in a much better frame of mind. Once I realised this quite early on in my practice I've tried to make this part of being aware of my state of mind and body.

Sometimes yielding to what is hurts. My husbands grandmother has passed away. Accepting grief and the grief of his family rather than somehow trying to brace against it means feeling my pain. But it is also a relief not to waste emotional energy trying to battle my feelings.
“Being mindful means that we take in the present moment as it is rather than as we would like it to be.”
Mark Williams

http://adlibbed.blogspot.co.uk/p/mindfulness-me-enjoy-silence.html
Find me on twitter - @feehutch

David

Tue Nov 18, 2014 8:04 pm  

What a beautiful way to put it Freehutch. TY. Life can be such a drain during such times. Thanks for the extra energy. :)

Gareth
Site Admin

Wed Nov 19, 2014 12:29 pm  

Not silly at all. Beautifullly put.

piedwagtail91
Practice Mindfulness Since: 0- 3-2011

Wed Nov 19, 2014 1:16 pm  

well put fee, thats what mindfulness is all about.

FeeHutch
Practice Mindfulness Since: 01 Mar 2012

Wed Nov 26, 2014 10:44 am  

Thanks everyone :)
“Being mindful means that we take in the present moment as it is rather than as we would like it to be.”
Mark Williams

http://adlibbed.blogspot.co.uk/p/mindfulness-me-enjoy-silence.html
Find me on twitter - @feehutch

•   Information