Just One Thing to many?

Post here if you are just starting out with your mindfulness practice. Mindfulness is a really difficult concept to get your head around at first, and it might be that you would benefit from some help from others.
FeeHutch
Practice Mindfulness Since: 01 Mar 2012

Tue Jul 29, 2014 3:51 pm  

Hey guys
The JOT threads seem to be more and more sparodic. To me it has started to feel like a slog in the way that last years book, How To Train A Wild Elephant, never did.
I don't want to spend the next 6 months resentfully trying to continue the course because I know that won't be any benefit to me. I just wondered what other readers thoughts are?
“Being mindful means that we take in the present moment as it is rather than as we would like it to be.”
Mark Williams

http://adlibbed.blogspot.co.uk/p/mindfulness-me-enjoy-silence.html
Find me on twitter - @feehutch

Gareth
Site Admin

Wed Jul 30, 2014 9:50 pm  

It seems to be dying a death to me too. It started off with so much promise as well. Never mind.

Why don't you rack your brains and come up with another project for the latter part of the year?

Steve

Mon Aug 04, 2014 10:57 pm  

It does seem to be becoming more sporadic - sorry I have not been posting quite so regularly.

The chapters of last year's book seemed to provide novel practices that inspired more interest. If others wish to continue, I'm happy to press on but we do seem to have lost most other contributors. There seem to be many more readers than writers - I wonder if any of them would like to share their thoughts/experiences?

One small point - I have found that as a new thread is started each week this means that until you have contributed to each new thread you don't get an email notification of other's contributions. Last year I found these useful 'prompts' if I'd lost track of time.

Steve

•   Information