I am letting it be as it is, but it stays rubbish!

Post here if you are just starting out with your mindfulness practice. Mindfulness is a really difficult concept to get your head around at first, and it might be that you would benefit from some help from others.
mightywindr
Practice Mindfulness Since: 10 Oct 2015

Wed Dec 30, 2020 5:25 pm  

What do I do now because ive tried just letting it be as it is, and I really mean it for a long time just let it be rubbish, and it stays rubbish no problem I let it continue to be rubbish for as long as it takes or at least a good long while, however after a long time it STILL stays rubbish.

I know you are meant to pretend thats ok but obviously its not the result we are trying to get when we start this whole meditation practice, a rubbish state is not a sign im doing this right.

Please answer specifically for this method and problem because other methods work better for me, its not about the overall problem its specifically this problem that Id like to make right

JonW
Team Member
Practice Mindfulness Since: 08 Dec 2012

Wed Dec 30, 2020 8:07 pm  

Mindfulness isn't about pretending that anything is OK. It has nothing to do with pretending and everything to do with turning toward our own experience and accepting that this is how things are right now, in this moment, both internally and externally. Some things we can change, some things we can't.
If other methods work better for you, why persist with a practice that doesn't appear to be working for you?
Best wishes,
Jon
Jon leads the Everyday Mindfulness group meditation on Zoom every Monday/Friday, 6pm London-time. FREE.
Follow this link to join the WhatsApp group and receive notifications: https://chat.whatsapp.com/K5j5deTvIHVD7z71H3RIIk

mightywindr

Thu Dec 31, 2020 1:27 am  

JonW wrote:Mindfulness isn't about pretending that anything is OK. It has nothing to do with pretending and everything to do with turning toward our own experience and accepting that this is how things are right now, in this moment, both internally and externally. Some things we can change, some things we can't.
If other methods work better for you, why persist with a practice that doesn't appear to be working for you?
Best wishes,
Jon

Thanks Jon, I think it will work but just needs a little tinkering, I like it it worked well before, and another technique acceptance also worked but I will also lose that in the same way, so instead of moving to another one I feel it may be good to get one right otherwise it seems you are dodging the problem of it not working and not improving

Kind regards bro :))))

JonW Number1!!!

But yea id liek to tinker with this one and get it right if you can assist if thats ok? :)))

JonW
Team Member

Thu Dec 31, 2020 6:54 am  

What do you mean by 'rubbish'?
And, when you say 'obviously it's not the result we are trying to get when we start this whole meditation practice', what 'result' do you have in mind?
I'm presuming you meditate daily. But for how long? And what kind of meditations are you doing?
Jon
Jon leads the Everyday Mindfulness group meditation on Zoom every Monday/Friday, 6pm London-time. FREE.
Follow this link to join the WhatsApp group and receive notifications: https://chat.whatsapp.com/K5j5deTvIHVD7z71H3RIIk

mightywindr

Thu Dec 31, 2020 9:46 am  

well like acceptance u accept what u dont want to get what u do want because the mind works "in reverse", the whole community is a bit silly frankly this approach is fraught with confusion and failure because we are pretending to not want to be happy and to like or not mind bad feelings in order to get good feelings , truth is we do mind about bad feelings and we are trying to be happy so its a silly pretence

I think far more people would be reached if u just say train focus everyday nothing else just do that, you know something rational and straight forward rather than pretending with lies to trick the brain into behaving

But anyway I can figure it out I think I have I was just wondering why despite having true intentions to not change my emotional state, I wondered why the negative feelings still remained but I was still using my mind a bit even with a true intention so thats why Ive solved it now.

kind regards :)))

JonW
Team Member

Thu Dec 31, 2020 10:31 am  

Great to hear that you've solved it.
Wishing you all the best for the future.
Happy New Year,
Jon

mightywindr

Thu Dec 31, 2020 12:15 pm  

JonW wrote:Great to hear that you've solved it.
Wishing you all the best for the future.
Happy New Year,
Jon

Thanks brother :)))

Happy New Year!!!

•   Information