Worsening anxiety and depression

Post here if you are just starting out with your mindfulness practice. Mindfulness is a really difficult concept to get your head around at first, and it might be that you would benefit from some help from others.
FeeHutch
Practice Mindfulness Since: 01 Mar 2012

Sun Apr 07, 2013 1:41 pm  

Hi piedwagtail, welcome to our community.
Thank you for such an open and honest post and for the link to the book which I'm off to check out right now.
I look forward to getting to know you :)
Fee
“Being mindful means that we take in the present moment as it is rather than as we would like it to be.”
Mark Williams

http://adlibbed.blogspot.co.uk/p/mindfulness-me-enjoy-silence.html
Find me on twitter - @feehutch

piedwagtail91
Practice Mindfulness Since: 0- 3-2011

Sun Apr 07, 2013 3:35 pm  

thanks,
i've just borrowed your mark williams quote :o

Anakin
Practice Mindfulness Since: 16 Jul 1981

Wed Dec 20, 2017 3:00 pm  

Hi All, I just want to ask if anyone ever tried using medical cannabis as an alternative meds? I have read many articles about medical marijuana and how it can help you in terms of chronic pain, bone injuries, eating disorder/anorexia, anxiety disorders and panic attacks, inflammation,depression, even cancer and a lot more. Like this article about a marijuana strain from ilovegrowingmarijuana.com/sour-lemon-og/ . Cbd and thc are also new to me and I don't even smoke. If this is true I cant find any solid conclusive evidence that speaks to its efficacy. Any personal experience or testimonial would be highly appreciated. Thanks

Peter
Site Admin
Practice Mindfulness Since: 19 Aug 2013

Wed Dec 20, 2017 3:55 pm  

It can also trigger anxiety, paranoia etc. So be cautious.

JonW
Team Member
Practice Mindfulness Since: 08 Dec 2012

Wed Dec 20, 2017 4:55 pm  

'I just want to ask if anyone ever tried using medical cannabis as an alternative meds?'

Like Peter, I would advise caution.
Just out of interest, why did you decide to pose the question on a mindfulness forum?
All best,
Jon
Jon leads the Everyday Mindfulness group meditation on Zoom every Monday/Friday, 6pm London-time. FREE.
Follow this link to join the WhatsApp group and receive notifications: https://chat.whatsapp.com/K5j5deTvIHVD7z71H3RIIk

Mindsfull

Tue Jan 02, 2018 5:04 am  

Gareth wrote:You are more than welcome to mention mantra here. It is a form of mindfulness meditation in my book! Whatever works for the individual is what I believe. See my topic in the long time meditators section.

Gareth

Where can I find the topic on mantras?

JonW
Team Member
Practice Mindfulness Since: 08 Dec 2012

Tue Jan 02, 2018 5:20 pm  

I've not been able to locate any actual thread about mantras, only occasional mentions.
Maybe Gareth's memory will pull something up...
Happy New Year,
Jon
Jon leads the Everyday Mindfulness group meditation on Zoom every Monday/Friday, 6pm London-time. FREE.
Follow this link to join the WhatsApp group and receive notifications: https://chat.whatsapp.com/K5j5deTvIHVD7z71H3RIIk

•   Information