Living mindfully

Post here if you are just starting out with your mindfulness practice. Mindfulness is a really difficult concept to get your head around at first, and it might be that you would benefit from some help from others.
DJLSFC
Practice Mindfulness Since: 01 Mar 2014

Mon Oct 03, 2016 4:22 pm  

Think I mentioned on another thread about my spine chilling encounter with a wood pigeon in the local woods when it was getting dark.

Don't you get a bit spooked at night sleeping in the woods Jon?

JonW
Team Member
Practice Mindfulness Since: 08 Dec 2012

Mon Oct 03, 2016 4:44 pm  

Must say, feller, have been living in the woods since April and I haven't felt spooked once. Happy as Larry there. Saw my first badger this morning. He took one look at me and ran for the hills. Story of my life. :D
The farmer seems to quite like having me there and sends members of his family up to check on me. So it really feels like home. Miss Banjo a whole lot though...
Cheers,
Jon
Jon leads the Everyday Mindfulness group meditation on Zoom every Monday/Friday, 6pm London-time. FREE.
Follow this link to join the WhatsApp group and receive notifications: https://chat.whatsapp.com/K5j5deTvIHVD7z71H3RIIk

DJLSFC
Practice Mindfulness Since: 01 Mar 2014

Mon Oct 03, 2016 5:00 pm  

Sounds good !!

I must be a wimp then, I would be armed to the teeth :D

JonW
Team Member
Practice Mindfulness Since: 08 Dec 2012

Mon Oct 03, 2016 5:17 pm  

To be fair, it's a forgotten woods on the outskirts of Lewes. I'm not camping in the most socially deprived area of the Bronx. For days on end, all I hear is the chatter of birds, the occasional cow and maybe the sound of a fox in the undergrowth, waiting for his chance to nick my butter (it has happened - he was the size of an estate car).
It's paradise really.
Cheers,
Jon
Jon leads the Everyday Mindfulness group meditation on Zoom every Monday/Friday, 6pm London-time. FREE.
Follow this link to join the WhatsApp group and receive notifications: https://chat.whatsapp.com/K5j5deTvIHVD7z71H3RIIk

•   Information