POLL: Watching thoughts

Everything related to our Everyday Mindfulness community.

POLL: Can you watch your thoughts passing by like clouds in the sky, without losing awareness?

No, I cannot
22%
Yes I can sometimes, for a short while
64%
Yes I can, most of the time
14%
Yes I can, always
No votes

Total votes: 86

Karthi
Practice Mindfulness Since: 21 Aug 2020

Fri Aug 21, 2020 5:31 pm  

My point of view is that to view our thoughts as like clouds... We need to feel the inner peace that resides within ourselves. If we gone through us, understand us better, then it's very easy to watch our thoughts as clouds we see. To feel our inner peace... Checkout the videos of Halcyon harmonics.

https://youtu.be/hfIee4CL6N0

Feel ur inner peace and I assure u .. Once u feel the inner peace.. U will be able to see the thoughts as like clouds...

sahasudipta
Practice Mindfulness Since: 16 Jul 2001

Thu Sep 03, 2020 8:55 pm  

Can you watch your thoughts passing by like clouds in the sky, without losing awareness?

My answer is NO but I am confident that I can and I will one day . Right now my state of mind is like I want to watch my thoughts passing by like clouds in the sky but I can't cause I am in chaos and not disciplined at all but I know that what disciplined mind can do . I want to be in disciplined state of my mind but I can't . If I practice mindfulness meditation for one day the next day I don't want to cause it doesn't excite me enough . I meditate by listening mantras and it is not beneficial to me . I learned this method from my guru ji but I feel it's not my method . I can't connect with my deeper self . So I will try to concentrate on thoughts and only thoughts . I will start from tomorrow . I will write my progress here . I am searching myself for a very very long time may be more than 5 yrs . I am struggling to shape my mind but I know if I continue meditation I will find myself for sure . Hope for best :)

JonW
Team Member
Practice Mindfulness Since: 08 Dec 2012

Fri Sep 04, 2020 6:56 am  

If you wish to chart your meditation progress, please do so in a single blog when you are good and ready.
Thanks,
Jon
Jon leads the Everyday Mindfulness group meditation on Zoom every Monday/Friday, 6pm London-time. FREE.
Follow this link to join the WhatsApp group and receive notifications: https://chat.whatsapp.com/K5j5deTvIHVD7z71H3RIIk

Topnotch2020
Practice Mindfulness Since: 03 Nov 2020

Mon Dec 14, 2020 7:03 pm  

Hey, I have been practicing mindfulness for some time now and I believe that the best time to do this is right before going to sleep and right after waking up. At these times the mind has less thought and it goes into alpa state where you are able to be calmer and not have a lot on the mind. This video is what lead me to really get into this and it teaches a lot check it out
https://bit.ly/2V284mF

•   Information