Mindful Photos

Come along and discuss anything you want. Talk about what inspires you, or talk about the weather.
Ponder

Sun Oct 06, 2013 7:54 am  

I've attempted a poem here to best describe the peace I derive from sleeping under the trees. In many ways, I feels this best describes how it is that I aim to BE - I feel often miss-read as if I'm withdrawn inside oneself. Arrr ... the introvert comes to mind and again, I emphasize the misconception of such a term being solely based on a shy individual. Rather than withdraw, it's more - an inward attraction that's senses healing within. I won't go on as I'm sure I've been seen to reach ... and yes, reaching is what I often do when describing such things. I recently mentioned about the futility of rationalizing, so whilst I have indeed done this many times, and still do - I aim to write mindfully with focus as if meditating when doing other things. I know that from time to time I appear morbid and devoid of inspiring vibes ... no doubt opinionated on those topics that still hurt. But all in all - it takes practice to really express what matters and to be ones self.

Jon kabat-zinn - often talks about how we have to do in order not to do. The being aware of the moment takes an intentional effort. Understanding these basics is vital to keeping our thoughts at bay and the better we get at it, the easier it is to experience the peace as opposed to simply zoning out, which is what I often do. I'm getting better with practice - and I'm pleased to say, for me - it's not just about breathing. My walking is quite a meditative practice and the more I have learned about this "stuff" , the more I am able to do it whilst I write, take photo's or other things I "feel" naturally drawn too.

I can feel I'm loosing a bit of focus now - but whatever, that's OK too. On that note ... I will last record the picture with a brief overview of the setup pictured below and hopefully my poem will convey just how it is, that even with the most heavily weighed minds, that nature can truly heal anyone that's will to open themselves up - no matter how small.

I get plenty of inspiration when I'm out in the bush! Below is a well picked place - far from my hiking buddy, over a small flowing gentle stream out of site - right under my hammock. It's in the colder months of the years, however there is just enough sun light with a perfectly balanced canopy that retains the heat. Cool air is really good for giving clarity to the variety of fresh scents. I will note, that I am not a fit person, I go on these trips as obese. Most times my sinuses play up and my busted nose can make breathing difficult. I mention this, to give emphasize the power to be had, from sleeping outdoors. If I was a single man, I'd be sleeping in my hammock every night, for the easy on joints and assist with slightly raised back is incredibly therapeutic to my breathing - add to this the tranquility of such a fine spot depicted below - the experience is indeed quite bliss, when rarely sort. I'm planning another trip in a few weeks!

Thanks for letting me share. :)

___________________________________________________________________________________________________

[COLOR="#FF0000"]Best Viewed[/COLOR] in Lightbox mode [COLOR="#FF0000"]->[/COLOR][COLOR="#0000FF"] http://www.flickr.com/photos/71988794@N08/8230870503/lightbox/ [/COLOR]
Daves Hammock by L_Plate_Dave, on Flickr

The Experience of Peace Under the Trees:

In my hammock, under the trees, it’s with
Every breath that my vessel is renewed.
Gentle is the breeze which awakens me -
So too, the morning light that warms my sole.

With my eyes still closed - I'm in the moment,
Feeling my cells, take in the oxygen.
Giving way to total relaxation;
Nowhere - is a single thought, to be seen.

The cool pristine stream that runs underneath,
envelops me with an absolute peace

Thank You.
Last edited by Ponder on Thu Nov 28, 2013 12:39 pm, edited 3 times in total.

GianKarlo
Practice Mindfulness Since: 19 Jan 1985

Mon Dec 02, 2013 1:22 am  

I did yoga and climbed today. I’m getting more flexible after a few weeks. It’s kind of amazing! And I’m feeling super strong although my hammies feel tight..

Ponder

Mon Dec 16, 2013 10:26 pm  

Happy to hear you are feeling the benefits.
I must come back here sometime and do a followup post.

Unfortunately I am not doing so well. Wishing you the very best.
Take Care
Dave.

FeeHutch
Practice Mindfulness Since: 01 Mar 2012

Tue Dec 17, 2013 3:20 pm  

Sorry to read that Dave. We will be here if you feel up to popping in.
“Being mindful means that we take in the present moment as it is rather than as we would like it to be.”
Mark Williams

http://adlibbed.blogspot.co.uk/p/mindfulness-me-enjoy-silence.html
Find me on twitter - @feehutch

Gareth
Site Admin

Tue Dec 17, 2013 3:29 pm  

Come and talk to us Dave; I'm sure you'll find us a supportive bunch.

•   Information