Meet up?

Come along and discuss anything you want. Talk about what inspires you, or talk about the weather.
scratchet

Sat Jul 13, 2019 7:49 am  

Hi wondered if anyone from the portsmouth area is interested in meeting up regularly to discuss mindfulness and share experiences?

JonW
Team Member
Practice Mindfulness Since: 08 Dec 2012

Sat Jul 13, 2019 2:22 pm  

Great idea, Scratchet.
When I first got into mindfulness eight years ago, I started a meet-up group in the Brighton area via meetup.com. I met some really good people through that. It was a bit slow to get going - at the first one, there was just me and my dog, Banjo. After that, we regularly got a crowd of 8-12.
Good luck,
Jon
Jon leads the Everyday Mindfulness group meditation on Zoom every Monday/Friday, 6pm London-time. FREE.
Follow this link to join the WhatsApp group and receive notifications: https://chat.whatsapp.com/K5j5deTvIHVD7z71H3RIIk

scratchet

Sat Jul 13, 2019 3:22 pm  

Thanks Jon, any tips on getting the ball rolling. I suppose the motivation for me is that I would love to be able to discuss the practice and learn from others, it can be a bit of a reclusive activity otherwise.

JonW
Team Member
Practice Mindfulness Since: 08 Dec 2012

Sun Jul 14, 2019 7:51 am  

Hi Scratchet,
Setting up your own meetup group through meetup.com is easy enough and involves little cost.
Maybe you'd prefer to explore some of the groups already set up in your area first though. There's a good Buddhist Centre in Portsmouth and also a Chan meditation group. Both great ways of meeting like-minded folk and I doubt you'd be expected to nail your colours to any belief mast to join in. In other words, no need to invest in purple robes or to shave your head.
Good luck with it.
And please feel free to give me a holler if you're ever passing through Brighton and fancy grabbing a coffee. You can PM me via this site.
All best,
Jon
Jon leads the Everyday Mindfulness group meditation on Zoom every Monday/Friday, 6pm London-time. FREE.
Follow this link to join the WhatsApp group and receive notifications: https://chat.whatsapp.com/K5j5deTvIHVD7z71H3RIIk

scratchet

Sun Jul 14, 2019 9:41 am  

Thanks Jon, will Check that out, and likewise if you are ever around Portsmouth, give me a shout.

•   Information