Losing mjndfulness

Come along and discuss anything you want. Talk about what inspires you, or talk about the weather.
CainJ
Practice Mindfulness Since: 01 Mar 2018

Mon Aug 13, 2018 2:15 pm  

I have used mindful techniques for a while now. They have seriously helped me with anxiety/ stress and have genuinely made my life a lot more fun to live.

ALTHOUGH,

I have just started up my own business and finding the time to be completely mindful has been tough. I’ve still meditated daily but haven’t been able to focus as much energy into my practises. Even down to eating, I usually meal prep and know how rewarding it is for me personally to be kind to myself when it comes to food. Despite knowing how much it benefits me, and due to lack of hours in the day am struggling, my anxiety slowly but surely is creeping up behind me and my motivation levels have plummeted, thus beginning the self criticism cycle where I’m constantly beating myself up for not doing what’s good for me.

Would love to know if anyone else goes through the same situations? And any advice that can be given will be much appreciated

Gareth
Site Admin

Wed Aug 15, 2018 8:35 am  

Hi there,

What does your current mindfulness practice look like? How long have you been practising?

DaveSearbyMason
Practice Mindfulness Since: 01 May 1976

Wed Aug 15, 2018 1:30 pm  

Firstly - good luck with the Business ! . . . . . and yes, I have been through very similar situations. In summary, good Mindfulness requires you to be gentle with yourself. When you are peaceful, relaxed, focussed it is easier to be mindful. When you are distracted, hassled, under pressure, worried - it is much harder to be mindful. What matters is the returning to mindfulness when you notice it has slipped. And how you return. Watch yourself be critical of yourself; try and see that as just another voice and not The Judge. Retuning 50 times an hour or a thousand time a day - it does not matter. Just do the gentlest return you can when you can, every time. Over time, your practice will improve. Good luck,

JonW
Team Member
Practice Mindfulness Since: 08 Dec 2012

Wed Aug 22, 2018 9:40 am  

'Retuning 50 times an hour or a thousand time a day - it does not matter. Just do the gentlest return you can when you can, every time. Over time, your practice will improve.'

Well said, Dave.
Jon leads the Everyday Mindfulness group meditation on Zoom every Monday/Friday, 6pm London-time. FREE.
Follow this link to join the WhatsApp group and receive notifications: https://chat.whatsapp.com/K5j5deTvIHVD7z71H3RIIk

trendy123
Practice Mindfulness Since: 01 Jan 2014

Sat Jan 12, 2019 7:12 pm  

Hi CainJ,

As I constantly tell others, I've been to hell and back on a number of occasions. But I never stop trying and I never stop striving. Just dust yourself off and keep at it. You'll eventually get there.
Music for your mind, body and soul! https://withyourownhands.com/meditationmusic/

•   Information