Quotes I Love

Come along and discuss anything you want. Talk about what inspires you, or talk about the weather.
Gareth
Site Admin

Mon May 19, 2014 7:37 pm  

I've used that quote on @mindfuleveryday and attributed it to Alice Morse Earle.

G-nan

Thu Feb 05, 2015 5:15 pm  

Change is inevitable. Struggle is an option.

watson2182

Mon Mar 09, 2015 4:30 am  

Mind if i add one or two quotes? :)

Gareth
Site Admin

Tue Mar 10, 2015 9:56 am  

Please go right ahead. I use quotes from the Twitter account all the time; the more, the better.

watson2182

Sat Mar 14, 2015 9:18 am  

thank you :)

“The only way out of the labyrinth of suffering is to forgive.”

“I have found the best way to give advice to your children is to find out what they want and then advise them to do it.”

piedwagtail91
Practice Mindfulness Since: 0- 3-2011

Sat Mar 14, 2015 9:35 am  

“Being happy doesn't mean that everything is perfect. It means that you've decided to look beyond the imperfections.”

Gerard Way
My Chemical Romance.

JonW
Team Member
Practice Mindfulness Since: 08 Dec 2012

Sat Mar 14, 2015 10:56 am  

"Eat, drink and be merry. For tomorrow we snuff it."
(Sid James)
Jon leads the Everyday Mindfulness group meditation on Zoom every Monday/Friday, 6pm London-time. FREE.
Follow this link to join the WhatsApp group and receive notifications: https://chat.whatsapp.com/K5j5deTvIHVD7z71H3RIIk

samdylanirwin

Sun Apr 19, 2015 11:59 pm  

Hi,
These are a couple of my favourite

“In oneself lies the whole world and if you know how to look and learn, the door is there and the key is in your hand. Nobody on earth can give you either the key or the door to open, except yourself.” – Jiddu Krishnamurti

Igjugarjuk, the great Eskimo shaman, came back from 40 nights on the ice floes with one sentence, "There is nothing to fear in the universe."

From my favourite book of all time:

"You have a unique body and mind, with a particular history and conditioning. No one can offer you a formula for navigating all situations and all states of mind. Only by listening inwardly in a fresh and open way will you discern at any given time what most serves your healing and freedom."
~ Tara Brach, True Refuge

From Austrian psychiatrist Victor Frankel

“Between the stimulus and the response there is a space, and in this space lies our power and our freedom.”

"Be as simple as you can be; you will be astonished to see how uncomplicated and happy life can become". -Paramahansa Yogananda

There is no teacher, living or past, who can give us the actual understanding of Truth. A teacher can only put our feet upon the path and point the way. That is all. It is wholly dependent on the individual to make there way to Truth. -Paul Twitchell

"People say that what we're all seeking is a meaning for life. I don't think that's what we're really seeking. I think that what we're seeking is an experience of being alive, so that our life experiences on the purely physical plane will have resonances within our own innermost being and reality, so that we actually feel the rapture of being alive. That's what it's all finally about..." - Joseph Campbell

The birds have vanished into the sky,
And now the last cloud drains away.
We sit together, the mountain and me,
Until only the mountain remains.- Li Po

And a simple but profound one that I live my life by...

Love, joy, and happiness is the only reason to live, there’s no higher purpose – Gerald O’Donnell
Sam Dylan Irwin
Online Coach and Mindfulness Teacher.
Inner Reconciliation Facilitator.
http://www.samdylanirwin.com

JonW
Team Member
Practice Mindfulness Since: 08 Dec 2012

Mon Apr 20, 2015 10:48 am  

Superb quotes, Sam.
Every one a coconut.
Jon
Jon leads the Everyday Mindfulness group meditation on Zoom every Monday/Friday, 6pm London-time. FREE.
Follow this link to join the WhatsApp group and receive notifications: https://chat.whatsapp.com/K5j5deTvIHVD7z71H3RIIk

Seneca

Mon Aug 03, 2015 6:36 pm  

Am new here, but enjoyed reading through the quotes posted here, so figured I'd share some of my own (not all to do with mindfulness):

"It does not matter how slowly you go, as long as you do not stop." - Confucius

"What worries you, masters you." - John Locke

"Never give up on a dream just because of the time it will take to accomplish it. The time will pass anyway." - Earl Nightingale

"Patience is bitter, but its fruit is sweet." - Aristotle

"Care about what other people think and you will always be their prisoner." - Lao Tzu

"Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the little voice at the end of the day that says, 'I'll try again tomorrow.' " - Mary Anne Radmacher

"He suffers more than necessary, who suffers before it is necessary" - Seneca

"Men are disturbed not by things, but by the view they take of them." - Epictetus

"You can hold yourself back from the sufferings of the world, that is something you are free to do and it accords with your nature, but perhaps this very holding back is the one suffering you could avoid." - Franz Kafka

"We can make our minds so like still water that beings gather about us that they may see, it may be, their own images, and so live for a moment with a clearer, perhaps even a fiercer life because of our quiet." - W.B. Yeats

"It is always what I have already said: always the wish that you may find patience enough in yourself to endure, and simplicity enough to believe; that you may acquire more and more confidence in that which is difficult, and in your solitude among others. And for the rest, let life happen to you." - Rainer Maria Rilke

"No man ever steps in the same river twice, for it's not the same river and he's not the same man." - Heraclitus

•   Information