mindfulness and family

Please post your mindfulness stories here and your story might also feature on our blog (with your permission). You can also introduce yourself here. We want to create a library of mindful journeys and experiences.
overcomingms

Sat Dec 27, 2014 6:07 pm  

Hi guys, I wonder if you can help me? My wife and my mum do not have the best of realtionships shall we say. Infact it all kicked off 18 months ago when we were all on holiday together and my mum grabbed my wifes arm and would not let her out of the room . It appeared to me to be a big understanding that has blown into a massive misunderstanding which has spiralled into a bit of a mess to be honest. Of course its christmas time, I have just got out of hospital after a acute astha attack. Mindfully i feel its really fallen apart. I have tried being with my thoughts. Seing them as events; i have tried turning towards them- nothing has worked. Do i just csee this as a blip and carry on or am i missing something? I should have started week 7 of the mindfulness course but i have been in hospital - but i have faithfully continued the practice. I am now getting really concerned that when my mum and wife meet, they will come to blows this week.

Take Care

phil

•   Information