Fasting

Please post your mindfulness stories here and your story might also feature on our blog (with your permission). You can also introduce yourself here. We want to create a library of mindful journeys and experiences.
FeeHutch
Practice Mindfulness Since: 01 Mar 2012

Sat Jun 15, 2013 10:45 am  

Thank you for sharing your experiences :)
I am doing a similar plan with the 500 calories on fast days.
Sadly this week has been extremely difficult and most things, including fasting. has gone out the window. I will be back to it next week because I do feel physical, emotional and mindful benefits.
“Being mindful means that we take in the present moment as it is rather than as we would like it to be.”
Mark Williams

http://adlibbed.blogspot.co.uk/p/mindfulness-me-enjoy-silence.html
Find me on twitter - @feehutch

Bitterballen

Mon Nov 11, 2013 5:22 pm  

Hi Fee, do you mind me asking how you got on with this? I have considered fasting (or some other sort of detoxing) myself many times but I am yet to put it in to practice!

FeeHutch
Practice Mindfulness Since: 01 Mar 2012

Wed Nov 13, 2013 10:30 am  

Hello
My GP asked me to stop because of a combination of previous eating disorders and also my many and varied medical issues and their treatment.

It was useful in terms of actually paying attention to the messages your body is trying to communicate and how rarely it is actually 'I am starving please give me food' and how often it is actually an emotional craving.
“Being mindful means that we take in the present moment as it is rather than as we would like it to be.”
Mark Williams

http://adlibbed.blogspot.co.uk/p/mindfulness-me-enjoy-silence.html
Find me on twitter - @feehutch

Bitterballen

Wed Nov 13, 2013 3:58 pm  

Thanks for the response. I attempted it for the first time yesterday. I basically 'skipped' dinner as per a few things I had read about monks and serious lay Buddhists (of which I am neither!) only eating 2 meals a day - I believe laymen do it just twice a month.

I think I experienced something like what you described and during my evening meditation I took the time to 'get close' to my feelings of hunger. It was a worthwhile and interesting experience.

Ricky

Wed Nov 20, 2013 12:50 pm  

I like this thread and no doubt that it is very informative. I read some useful information about fasting and i will keep it in mind. Fasting is good for health and its a good way of weight lose. Too much fasting can be bad for us so we should do fasting but not too much.
lakecountybootcamps

GianKarlo
Practice Mindfulness Since: 19 Jan 1985

Sun Nov 23, 2014 8:37 pm  

Whenever I hear or read the word fasting, the first thing that comes to my mind is, 'starving'. Which is, I know there's more to it than meets the eye. Don't overdo it though, anything that's over and less is bad for your health!

•   Information