Try some yoga!

Please post your mindfulness stories here and your story might also feature on our blog (with your permission). You can also introduce yourself here. We want to create a library of mindful journeys and experiences.
GianKarlo
Practice Mindfulness Since: 19 Jan 1985

Wed Oct 16, 2013 1:27 pm  

I did engage myself in Yoga classes and practices, and up till now it never fails to amazed its wonderful effect on my body and improves health too.

Yoga Empowered

Thu Oct 17, 2013 9:33 pm  

Living with MS myself, Yoga has become my constant companion + bridge to mindful living. My practice utilizes all aspects of Yoga, not just what's featured on magazines. I use breathing practices, mindfulness meditations, movement to create ease, and self study + ritual to apply these tactics daily, mindfully and vigilantly to help manage my symptoms.
Glad to see so many of you are finding benefits as well! So empowering! :D
.: return to your breath :.

Suzanne Stephens
www.yogaempowered.com

"If your compassion does not include yourself, it is incomplete." Jack Kornfield

As part of my self care practice, I do not compute on Wednesdays, Saturdays or Sundays.

Gareth
Site Admin

Fri Oct 18, 2013 9:50 am  

It's a real privilege to meet you Suzanne.

My yoga practice is still young (a lot younger than my meditation practice). I am still struggling to make it into a daily practice, but I'm sure that this will come in time, as it did with my meditation. The benefits are clear to me, and I'm pretty sure that yoga will be with me for life.

I'd love you to stick around and make a contribution to this forum.

Yoga Empowered

Mon Oct 21, 2013 7:54 pm  

Thanks for the warm welcome Gareth.

I started practicing myself after my Dx in 2003. I heard yoga could help reduce stress + I needed that big time :)

I didn't have the money to take pricey classes at studios and learned a lot on my own at first. I wanted to create a free online resource for those, like me, that wanted to learn more. Check out Yoga Empowered Online! There are over 100 articles, 30 videos + recorded meditations.

Start here: http://yogaempowered.blogspot.com/2012/08/dear-you.html

Let me know if you have any questions or thoughts. It's really a work of love and it brings me so much joy to be able to refer people to it. See what resonates with you... we all begin somewhere and we're all beginner's, even me! :)
.: return to your breath :.

Suzanne Stephens
www.yogaempowered.com

"If your compassion does not include yourself, it is incomplete." Jack Kornfield

As part of my self care practice, I do not compute on Wednesdays, Saturdays or Sundays.

Gareth
Site Admin

Tue Oct 22, 2013 8:11 pm  

I have an incredibly busy life right now (two tiny boys plus full time work plus this site), so I'm not sure I have time to check out your stuff right now.

I am incredibly interested though. I'd love for you to stick around and contribute to our community. This mindful living section could definitely do with some more traffic and you seem like the ideal person to contribute here.

Funnily enough, I've just been messing around with a 'no internet' day myself every week, then I read your signature. I feel like it's been very beneficial the last three weeks I have done it.

Simonjk

Sun Nov 10, 2013 11:32 pm  

I started yoga as a 6 session course the same time as I started to study mindfulness using headspace.

The yoga we do is all based on mindfulness, with poses, breathing and meditation. I have to say I wish I took kit up years ago.

I only have a couple of weeks left and then I will have to practice at home.

Simon

Bitterballen

Mon Nov 11, 2013 5:03 pm  

I am also anxious to get involved in Yoga. My wife practices it and we have tried a few moves together...I found it quite challenging! Once I am in a more appropriate situation in terms of time and finances I am determined to seek out some beginners classes.

Simonjk

Wed Nov 13, 2013 10:05 am  

Hi all,

I have been very lucky we have a Yoga centre 5 minutes round the corner from me http://universalyoga.co.uk/ and its fantastic the 6 session beginners course is very tailored towards the requiremetns of the individuals, you aren't pushed further than you can go.

It is very calming and relaxing.

The general class times are a little awkawrad for me but they are starting a Saturday morning class soon and I hope to attend that.

I would strongly recommend Yoga. if it helps, particularly for the men, I am originally from the North East, I turned up to one session without a coat, which was questioned adn I said "being from the North east its bad enough I'm doing Yoga never mind wearing a coat" so if I can give it a go anyone can.

Oh and there are poses that I can't do (I have funny arms) but then the poses are tailored and I focus on those that relieve anxiety and the meditation and the breathing lol You dont need physical strength.

Simon

Ricky

Tue Nov 19, 2013 3:52 pm  

Yoga is a good exercise that provides our body so many benefits. It provides flexibility and helps us in weight loss. Yoga helps us in stress busting because it is good for body and mind. It is good to do yoga for everyone.
lakecountybootcamps

Keith Smith

Fri Aug 29, 2014 7:41 am  

Yoga is mindful workout. If we do yoga along with the meditation we can effectively control a number of mental illnesses in a effective way.
Adam Prowse Personal Trainer,
539 High Street, Maitland,
New South Wales 2320, Australia

•   Information