A Test Of Mindfulness (The Paleo Diet)

Post here if you have been practising for a while, and you are starting to get your head around what this is all about. Also post here if you are a long-term practitioner with something to say about the practice.
Gareth
Site Admin

Fri May 17, 2013 8:07 am  

Day 61

It's all over; the diet is broken. I actually feel a profound sense of relief and euphoria, this has reassured me that I have done the right thing. I am and always will be a foodie, to shut down this element of my personality is wrong-headed and counter-productive. What's more is that it doesn't sit well with the ideals of mindfulness. I would be always trying to get there (a healthy body), when in fact I will always be here (the man wanting to eat that bit of food but can't). This has been a wonderful and life-affirming experiment, and I have learned lots of valuable lessons about myself. Thank you to Marcus for taking part in it with me.

FeeHutch
Practice Mindfulness Since: 01 Mar 2012

Fri May 17, 2013 9:16 am  

Thank you for sharing the experience wit us. :)
“Being mindful means that we take in the present moment as it is rather than as we would like it to be.”
Mark Williams

http://adlibbed.blogspot.co.uk/p/mindfulness-me-enjoy-silence.html
Find me on twitter - @feehutch

Marcus

Tue Jun 11, 2013 2:00 pm  

Hey Gareth

Okay mate, whatever is best for you and your happiness I guess. I really can't compute your thinking here and I am a foodie and Paleo and fit and healthy and can meditate. For me, they are not mutually exclusive and I just can't process the desire to abandon your health to eat something that is just all so easily replaced with a bit of smart thinking and creative cookery.

Wh(e)atever makes you happy though brother!

Take care
Marcus

•   Information